- Latest news
- List of journalists in Turkish prisons
- Union/Media who adopted a journalist
- Upcoming events
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) launched an international campaign to set free all journalists in Turkey. EFJ unions in Belgium,France, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Hungary, Germany, Spain and Italy have already been linked with arrested journalists in Turkey. With YOUR help, more than 70 other detained journalists could benefit from a direct pairing in this way.
Over 700 individuals and organisations around the world have joined the “Set Turkish Journalists Free” campaign thanks to your support. Thousands of human rights activists have sent a petition letter to the Turkish Prime Minister, Mr Recep Tayyip Erdogan, calling for the release of the jailed journalists in Turkey. As of today, 70 professional journalists still remain in Turkish prisons with many waiting desperately a fair trial. Please keep supporting our campaign and share your solidarity with our jailed colleagues in Turkey.
What can you do to help free jailed journalists in Turkey?
Get in touch NOW ! with our campaign coordinators Renate Schroeder (renate.schroeder(a)ifj.org) and Mehmet Koksal (info(a)mehmet.be)
- 31 Dec 2012 – Independent Journalists in Turkey Face ‘Terrorism Charges’, IKJnews
- 28 Dec 2012 – Dunja Mijatović (OSCE) urges Turkish authorities to denounce threats to journalists, OSCE
- 28 Dec 2012 – Turkey’s human rights challenges, Los Angeles Times